SRNSFG announces 2018 Call for Basic Research State Grants
Title of the call: Basic Research State Grants
Call Abbreviation: FR
Aim of the Call:
Call for Basic Research State Grants aims at gaining new knowledge in various scientific fields and focuses on theoretical and experimental analysis of the theories, models, new ideas and concepts that should facilitate socio-political, economic, public, cultural and technological progress of the country in a long-term perspective. The call supports establishment of competitive research environment, promotes the development of excellent research in compliance with international standards and internationalizations. The call aims at attracting young researchers and developing their scientific potential.
Project type: Institutional
The project budget and duration is determined based of the scheme below:
The expenditure of requested sum from the foundation must meet the following requirements:
- Funding of key personnel in case of young scientists’ engagement in the project should not exceed 45,000 GEL per year. Consequently, funding of young scientists should not exceed 15,000 GEL per year and funding of experienced scientists should not exceed 30,000 GEL per year. Young scientists’ engagement in all reporting periods of the projects in compulsory.
- Funding of key personnel in case there is no young scientists’ engagement in the project should not exceed 30,000 GEL per year.
- Funding of supporting personnel should not exceed 5,000 GEL per year.
- “Overhead Costs” should not exceed 7% of requested sum from the foundation.
Call administration calendar
- June 20 2018 – call announcement;
- June 29 & July 6, 13 2018 – group consultations;
- July 16 2018 – deadline for sending the questions electronically;
- June 27 – July 25 16:00 – dates for registration in the Grants Management Unified System (GMUS);
- July 27, 16:00 – deadline for providing the application document at the SRNSFG office;
- July – August – Eligibility check of the submitted projects;
- October – Publish midterm results of the call;
- October – December - Evaluation of submitted projects by independent reviewers/group of reviewers;
- January 2019 – Publish final results of the call;
- January 2019 – Sign the grant agreement.
Call Regulatory documentation:
- Decree of the Government of Georgia N84
- Decree of the SRNSFG Director General
- Amendment in the decree of the SRNSFG Director General
- Science Classification (GEO/ENG)
- Budget classification
- Evaluation criteria
Useful annexes and material:
- Call conditions – annex 1
- General information about the project - template, annex 2
- Project proposal- annex 3 (GEO/ENG)
- CV – template, annex 4
- Project timeframe – template, annex 5
- Project budget and justification - template, annex 6 (GEO/ENG)
- Letter of Personal Commitment of the foreign advisor (if applicable) - annex 7 (ENG)
- Letter of co-funding commitment (if applicable) – annex 8 (GEO/ENG)
- Letter of support on providing access to research infrastructure (if applicable) – annex 9 (GEO/ENG)
Links to the Grants Management Unified System (will open on July 27, 2018)
Instruction of the online registration (link).
- Please read Minister’s Decree, SRNSFG Director General’s decree, call conditions and other annexes carefully;
- Only group consultations will be held;
- Deadline for sending the questions electronically – July 16 at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Frequently asked questions will be published on the webpage.
Salome Sharashenidze 2 200 220 (4016)
Contact information - email@example.com