Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation announces call for PhD scholarships 2017
The main goal of the program is developing intellectual potential of the country and preparing high qualified science staff. Sub-goals of the program are: targeted use of intellectual potential existing in the universities, creating relevant conditions for the research, collaboration between PhD students and higher education institutions abroad. Objective of the project is identifying successful, talented, young researchers and contributing towards bringing his/her doctoral research project to international standards. This program will contribute to young researchers’ integration in international projects and increase Georgia’s scientific research quality.
Call for PhD scholarships 2017 is open to the various fields of science (sub-fields are listed in the classification):
- Natural Sciences;
- Engineering and Technology;
- Medical and health Sciences;
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Social Sciences;
- Georgian Studies.
SRNSF will fund individual grant proposals only.
Program participation is announced through open Call.
Eligibility: Georgian citizen PhD students of Higher Educational Institutions, enrolled in PhD programs in accordance with Georgian legislation.
2014 and 2016 Call winner PhD students are not eligible to participate in the program.
For implementation of the project, researchers can use material-technical base, which belong to the higher educational institution, scientific-research institute or other legal/physical body.
Project duration: minimum 6 months, maximum 36 months. Implementation of the winning projects will start from October 1, 2017. Requested funding from SRNSF for each reporting period should not exceed 10 500 GEL.
The Call Administration timeframe:
- March 10, 2017 - Call opening;
- March 24, 16:00 - Info days 1 - registration form;
- April 7 - Date of opening electronic registration database;
- April 12, 16:00 - Info days 2 - registration form;
- April 20 - Deadline for submitting questions online;
- April 28, 16:00 - Deadline of submitting electronic proposals;
- May 3, 16:00 - The deadline for submitting proposals (hard copy) at the foundation office.
- August – Call results.
There will be no individual consultations.
Documentation submitted after the deadline shall not be considered.
You can find detailed information on Call terms and conditions in the following documents:
- Decree of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, #128/N, dated September 30, 2014;
- Decree of SRNSF Director General dated March 10, 2017;
- Call conditions (Annex 1);
- Project cover page and abstract (Annex 2);
- Project proposal (Annex 3);
- CV of PhD student (CV) (Annex 4);
- Project implementation timeframe (Annex 5);
- Project budget (Annex 6);
- CVs of PhD thesis supervisor, co-supervisor (if applicable) and consultant (if applicable) (Annex 7) Georgian /English;
- Letter of commitment of foreign consultant or foreign co-supervisor (Annex 8);
- Document proving co-funding (if applicable, Annex 9)
- Field of Science Classification (Annex 10)
- Funding norms per country category (Annex 11)
- Decree of the President of Georgia, N231, dated April 20, 2005;
- Frequently asked questions.
Project submitted to the foundation must be prepared in accordance to the forms indicated while the call announcement.
Additional documents must be submitted with the project proposal:
- Copy of PHD student’s ID or passport (active document);
- Document proving previous academic degree of the PhD student;
- Certificate proving enrolment at accredited PhD program (issued March 10 – April 28, 2017).
Foreign documents (if applicable) must be accompanied by Bureau approved Georgian translation.
Each project, after registration at the database, will be assigned special project code. Applicants will be able to generate proposal from the database.
Call for PhD scholarships 2017 coordinators:
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation wishes you the best of luck!