Call for Mobility grants for researchers
The Shota Rustaveli Georgian National Science Foundation announces grant competition for mobility and international scientific events. The call covers the following three types of mobility support (previously administered by SRGNSF):
-Short-term Individual Travel Grant Competition;
- Conference Grant Competition;
- Seasonal School Grant Competition.
The aim of the competition is to enhance local scientific potential, to support the integration and co-operation of Georgian scientists in international scientific area through exchanging information and sharing experiences, through attracting new skills in science and raising the qualification of young scientists. competition also aims to support researchers in publishing scientific works in international peer review journals.
Proposals for the mobility and international scientific events grant scheme can be submitted in the following scientific directions:
- Natural sciences;
- Engineering and Technology;
- Medical and Health sciences;
- Agricultural sciences;
- Social sciences;
- Georgian Studies.
In the framework of the competition, individual (mobility) and institutional (international scientific events) grants are available only through open competition. An applicant of the mobility grant competition should be a citizen of Georgia and have MA, PhD or an equivalent degree, or has to be a PhD, MA student or a resident. Leading and co-participating organization (if any) can participate in the competition to organize an international scientific event along with the key personnel of the project.
call administration schedule:
- June 22, 2017 – Call announcement;
- June 26 - Beginning of E- Registration of the proposals;
- 28 June 16:00 - Group Consultation №1, the Foundation’s Conference Hall – attendance through preliminary registration Form;
- 6 July at 16:00 - Group Consultation №2, the Foundation’s Conference Hall - Registration Form;
- July 18, 16:00 - Group Consultation №3, the Foundation’s Conference Hall - Registration Form;
- July 19 - Deadline for sending questions through e-mail;
- July 24, 16:00 – Deadline of E-registration of the proposals;
- July 26, 16:00 - Deadline for proposal submission at the SRGNSF chancellery;
- September 2017 – The announcement of the results of the competition.
Individual consultations on the call procedures are not envisaged.
The documentation presented in violation of the established terms, regulations and competition’s terms shall not be considered for competition.
For detailed information about the competition’s rules and conditions, please see the following documents:
- Decree No. 96 / n of June 9th, 2017 of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia;
- Decree No. 78 of 22nd of June of the Director General of the Foundation;
- Change in the Decree of the Director General
- Competition Conditions (Annex 1);
- Budget Classifier - within the scope of international scientific activities (Annex 11);
- Classification of Scientific directions;.
- Frequently Asked Questions:
Call documents should be submitted via e-mail - email@example.com :
- Project Homepage and Abstract (Annex 2)
- Applicant's Curriculum Vitae (CV) (Annex 4)
- Notice of co-financing (if any) (Annex 6)
- See the list of additional documents in the Article 3 of the call terms, sub-paragraph bb of paragraph 5.
After the electronic registration at the Mobility Grant Competition, the application for participation in the competition should be submitted at the SRGNSF chancellery of the Foundation (Annex 9) in accordance with the defined terms.
Within the framework of international scientific activities, following documents should be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project coverpage and abstract (Annex 3)
- Project Proposal (Annex 5)
- Professional Biographies (CV-s) of the Project Head, Co-head (if any), Key personnel of the project, Basic and Plenary Speaker(s)/ Professor (s) of the Project (Annex 7)
- Professional Biographies of Foreign Citizens (Key personnel) (Annex 8)
- Letter of interest for the foreign key and plenary speakers / lecturer (s), or for the ones working outside Georgia, (original and a copy translated by the translation bureau) to participate in the project (Annex12)
- Professional Biographies (CV-s) of Foreign Citizens (key personnel) (Annex 8)
- Project Budget and Project Implementation Schedule (Annex 13)
- Notice of co-financing, (if any) (Annex 6)
- See the list of additional documents in competition terms (article 4, paragraph 6, sub-paragraph DB).
For further information, please contact the call coordinators:
Mr. Tornike Skhirtladze
Mr. Vazha Lomidze